One of the things that makes us a few steps ahead of the strongest animal is our brain. It gives us the ability to think, reason, remember, and learn in a way that’s exceeds other animals and creations from the man above.
Take a look at 10 unique facts about the Human brain:
- The human brain weighs 3 pounds
- It’s one of the fattest organs of the body because it’s made of 60% fat.
- It’s full of light (literally) because it can generate approximately 23 watts of power when awake.
- Out of your total blood flow and oxygen produced in the body, the brain gets 20% of it.
- In fact, the brain starts losing consciousness almost 8 seconds after blood supply stops flowing to the brain.
- The brain is capable of surviving within a 5-6 window if there’s no oxygen. Otherwise, it’ll die.
- The blood vessels in the brain are nearly 10,000 miles long.
- Made of 100 billion neurons
- In the early stages of pregnancy, neurons grow quickly at a rate of 250,000 per minute.
- As we grow older, we don’t remember new things because the brain isn’t able to filter and remove the old memories that still linger in our head.
A brain model would be a nice way to teach some of the important functions to kids.